Required Community Service
We are able to offer a limited number of on-site volunteer opportunities per month to individuals needing to complete required service hours.
- Must have at least 10 hours to complete
- Must be able to schedule at least 75% of hours needed at time of onboarding
- Must be able to perform physical labor and lift up to 25lbs
- Must be at least 13 years old, 13-15 year olds need a parent or guardian with them at all times
- A need to complete hours for school, work, social club, or non violent court rulings
- Availability during the set shift times
- Willingness to help with cleaning tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to take direction from staff
Community service volunteers assist with some of the most integral tasks at the shelter and therefore we can not afford to allow those with poor attendance to complete their hours at CHS. Community service volunteers agree to the following:
- Be on time for all shifts scheduled for
- Communicate in a timely manner if they are going to be tardy or absent
- Be proactive about rescheduling missed shifts
Repeated attendance issues will result in dismissal from the volunteer program and is defined as more than 2 of any of the following:
- 15 minutes or later for a scheduled shift
- Less than 1 hour notice if unable to make it to a scheduled shift
- "No call no show" will result in immediate dismissal from the volunteer program. Please note: a call out with notice of 15 minutes or less before a scheduled shift is supposed to start is considered a "no call no show"
Tasks, shift times, applying
Due to the brief nature that community service volunteers are with CHS, tasks are limited to cleaning and assisting with the basic needs of the shelter.
Shifts are available every day of the week and are either 9:30 am-12:30 pm or 1:30 pm- 4:30 pm. Once a volunteer has committed to a shift time, that will be the only shift time available to them while they complete their hours.
We receive many applications from individuals requesting to complete community service hours at CHS therefore opportunities are available on a first come first serve basis. Because it may take up to 7 days to process an application we encourage individuals to submit their application well before their hours are due.
Click below to apply!