All of us can impact the world in small and great ways by the actions we take. Every individual can make choices to help alleviate the challenges that animal shelters face. Your decisions can be part of the solution to the issues Capital Humane Society addresses every day.
- We can spay and neuter our own pets so they do not add to the overpopulation problem.
- We can make a commitment to take good care of our own pets for life so they never end up homeless.
- We can choose to adopt our next pet from Capital Humane Society when we are ready for a new companion animal.
- We can be a role model for kindness and influence others to do the same.
- We can make a monetary gift or donate items the humane society needs such as:
*Non-clumping cat litter
*Timothy hay for rabbits
*Leashes & collars-especially for large dogs
To view our Amazon wish list and general wish list, please go to http://www.capitalhumanesociety.org/about/wishlist.html.
We talk to hundreds of children of all ages every year and discuss topics such as responsible pet care, dog bite prevention, the importance of being kind, and the role of the humane society.
To schedule a humane education presentation, please contact Charleen Engberg, Director of Volunteers and Education, at email@example.com.